Biblical History Center
Dr. James (Jim) Fleming has worked and lived in Israel since 1973. As an archaeologist he has helped coordinate 12 excavations in Israel. He has been Lecturer in Archaeology at the School for Overseas Students at the Hebrew University in Jeruslaem, and Professor of Geography and Archaeology at the Tantur Ecumenical Institute for Advanced Theological Studies. For over 25 years he has taught Jewish and Arab tour guides about Christianity for the Israeli Ministry of Tourism and Palestinian guides in Jerusalem.
Dr. Fleming established Biblical Resources in 1975, for the purpose of producing educational materials and aids for teaching the historical, geographical, and archaeological background of the Bible. Since 1975, Biblical Resources has also been leading study tours not only to Israel, but also to Jordan, Syria, Egypt, Turkey, Cyprus, Greece, Malta, Sicily, and Italy.
Jim is on the advisory board of the “Biblical Archaeology Review” and is CEO and founder of the Biblical History Center in LaGrange, Georgia.
Bringing Ancient History To Life
The Biblical History Center (formerly called Explorations in Antiquity) in LaGrange, Georgia helps people encounter the ancient biblical world through its history and culture. Through authentic archaeological replicas, Biblical meal presentations, daily life artifacts in the Biblical Life Artifacts Gallery, lectures, and other personal experiences, ancient Middle Eastern life comes back to life today. Experience ancient biblical life and times as you:
- Step back into time as you sit in an authentic goat hair tent like the nomadic shepherds have lived in for thousands of years.
- See tombs like those in which Abraham and Jesus were buried and catacombs like early Christians used for worship.
- Visit a village and city gate area to see what life was like 2000 years ago.
- Dine with the ancients as you share a Passover Meal much like that which Jesus ate at the Last Supper.
- Enter the Time Tunnel and learn about the worship practices of pagans, Jews, and Christians from 2500 BCE to 500 CE by exploring replicas of excavated houses of worship from Israel.
- Sit in the Roman Theater based on ancient theaters around the Roman world.
- See 250 ancient artifacts in real-life settings in the Biblical Life Artifacts Gallery.
These opportunities and so many more wait for you at the Biblical History Center! We hope that your visit to our web site will be the first step towards your journey to visit us in person.